Thirteen years ago, I had gastric bypass, I did really well and lost 137 pounds,

1. profile image48
    iamjustdoe2010posted 7 years ago

Thirteen years ago, I had gastric bypass, I did really well and lost 137 pounds, kept if off for...

eleven years, then I was diagnosed with RA and Fibromyalgia, now the lose skin in my body is affected by my fibromyalgia, my family doctors has said that is it making my quality of life less than desirable, I only have medicare and the surgeon that my doctor referred me to would not perform the surgery if Medicare would not write him a letter stating that they would pay for the procedures, it has been three years and I am still suffering, how do I get help to pay for these procedures and who do I look to for the help? The Fibromyalgia is really making my life horrible.

2. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Maybe you can hold a benefit for yourself. People do it for kids who are suffering why can't it be done for an adult that is suffering. Otherwise, maybe you need to talk to Medicare and see what there procedure is for a medical necessary surgery. If you point out that it isn't for vanity issues (because of trying to get the loose skin fixed) they might be more willing to help. I had a similiar issue where I had a bad scar on my midsection which I convinced the doctors was giving me issues. Therefore, I got a tummy tuck on the Army because of the medical necessity.

The other option... maybe you can find a talk show host that you can tell your story too. Once they hear the story, maybe they will pay for the procedure. Good luck!

working