jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do You Think Obese People Should Look Into A Gastric Bypass Or Weight Loss Surge

1. Bariatric Surgery profile image50
    Bariatric Surgeryposted 7 years ago

Do You Think Obese People Should Look Into A Gastric Bypass Or Weight Loss Surgery

2. Drew nite profile image57
    Drew niteposted 7 years ago

This is a question that you should only take the opinion of Medical Doctor(s).

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

In most cases, no. It is a very expensive and risky procedure, and you still have to make the permanent lifestyle changes in diet and exercise that you would have had to make without the procedure or you'll end up back in the same situation or worse. For the most part, it's an area of medicine that caters to the same "quick fix" crowd that made fad dieting so popular.

4. Goodpal profile image91
    Goodpalposted 7 years ago

It depends on the level of obesity or BMI. Any surgery should be the last option. Better to first try some holistic weight loss program that includes mental training (for example, brainwave entrainment with affirmations).

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

I think the deshion should be up to them

6. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image81
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 7 years ago

I think that with some it may be the right answer.  With others, the ones who love to eat everything in sight and have absolutely no will power, it is a temporary fix.  Some people seem to forget that it is major surgery and could be dangerous.

7. macrobin profile image75
    macrobinposted 6 years ago

I am ten years post op from Roux En Y in 2001. There is much more than losing weight down the road. There are many lifetime life changing side effects from this surgery and they aren't good. People need to be informed of what is ahead before they make the decision to have this surgery. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

working