jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

isn't it worrying when the lack of coffee gives you head ackes?

1. sofiaviana81 profile image60
    sofiaviana81posted 7 years ago

isn't it worrying when the lack of coffee gives you head ackes?

the coffee vs tea question raised another issue in me, shouldn't we be worrying about what it does to us instead of how it tastes, cause coffe is my thing, but is it doing all that for me if i can't spend a day without it, making me physicaly ill?

2. thougtforce profile image89
    thougtforceposted 7 years ago

I have been worried about that too! And once I stopped to drink coffee just for that reason. I had constant headache for about two or three days, then the headache dissapeared. But after two weeks without coffee I could not see the point in continue to refuse myself something I enjoy so I started to drink coffe again. I like it to much so I decided to oversee with it and let myself have a bad habit!

3. Ladybird33 profile image56
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

yes, because then you have an addiction to caffine...which I do.  However, I don't think it's bad though smile

4. Stina Caxe profile image86
    Stina Caxeposted 7 years ago

Coffee is great unless you NEED to drink it.  I try to drink a large glass of water first and then if I feel like I still want coffee I have some.  I usually only have problems during the cold winter months when I really want something warm to drink in the mornings and coffee just tastes so yummy! 

I have definitely experienced the headaches when I don't have caffeine though... not fun!

5. clintonb profile image59
    clintonbposted 7 years ago

I get the opposite. When I drink too much coffee I get head aches, because it dehydrates your body.

6. drdspervez profile image69
    drdspervezposted 7 years ago

Whether it is coffee or tea, the excessive amounts of both in long term tend to give you side effects that can possibly not be reversed. Nicotine, caffeine and tobacco all are drugs that we add to our bodies each and every day. If you suffer from headaches when you miss your regular cup of tea or coffee, it is a sign that your body has now become addicted to this drug and your body literally needs it to jump start.

I suggest you cut down on your intake.