jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What do you do when you get a headache?

1. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

What do you do when you get a headache?

2. hubcloud profile image60
    hubcloudposted 5 years ago

Hot cup of coffee seems to help me :-) I think it is not good for long term and the body may become addicted to caffeine. But it does help me to get rid of the headache (esp. the one sided headaches)
    Sometime I do take a paracetamol pill that helps relieve the pain.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

If it is a migraine which rarely happens, I will lay down and hope I don't throw up.  Usually if I can fall asleep, it gets betters.  Only happens once every few years so I am lucky. 

Regular headaches, I will take ibuprofen and try to relax.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I always believe in prevention. So what I do when I have headache is doing meditation. It helps to relieve the headache.

My wife used to have migraine but after she went through acupuncture.

5. The Jet profile image78
    The Jetposted 5 years ago

It's usually a sign of dehydration. Drink water.

6. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I usually either lie down or suck it up. I cannot take painkillers because I am allergic to NSAIDS and other things simply don't work for me.

7. donabhatt profile image74
    donabhattposted 5 years ago

I first drink few glasses of water and then slowly drink some warm tea or coffee. Sometimes I just take some power nap and that also helps me in getting rid of the headache.

8. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

Two others have also mentioned what I was going to say. Here in tropical Brazil, it is one of the signs you are becoming dehydrated. We tend to work in the garden and we drink several liters throughout the day.

9. tamron profile image73
    tamronposted 5 years ago

If you only get headaches once in a while the tips below for a headache is very helpful.

If you get headaches on a regular basis.  I suggest to you to read this http://tamron.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-G … hout-Pills

My friend told me how she got rid of her headaches so I wrote an article on headaches.

10. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Thank you so much everyone for sharing your thoughts and remedies on this one!

working