jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you have lost a large amount of weight and kept it off, how did you do it?

1. Dr. Wendy profile image67
    Dr. Wendyposted 7 years ago

If you have lost a large amount of weight and kept it off, how did you do it?

2. cathylynn99 profile image74
    cathylynn99posted 7 years ago

very simple. i lost 60 pounds by counting calories. if i gain two pounds, i start to count calories again.

3. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I have not but my son lost 80 pounds.  He quit all the fast food and all junk food.  Suppers were chicken, fish or vegetarian with vegetables.  No sauce on the vegies.  He looked up exercises on the web and then performed them for an hour a day.  If he did not do the floor exercises, then he walked/jogged that day.  He gave up juice and soda and drank water.

4. jbettauer profile image59
    jbettauerposted 7 years ago

i have a friend that lost 65 pounds simply by eating right, and taking part in physical activity everyday.  He just started with jogging lightly then worked his way up.  Within a year he was 65 pounds lighter and a new man.

5. cobrien profile image78
    cobrienposted 7 years ago

The first time I lost a lot of weight because I wrecked my car and couldn't afford another one. My social life was miles away and I did a lot of walking, burning calories, toning muscles and increasing my metabolism.

6. poorconservative1 profile image61
    poorconservative1posted 7 years ago

I know you probably think that I'm not the type of person that would be able to answer a question like this but I just recently finished a diet where I lost thirteen pounds in two weeks. That's almost a pound a day average. I don't think it's healthy to loose to much weight to fast. Has something to do with shocking the body. This diet is a combination of other diets that I have come in contact with, but basically it's a calorie counting and portion conscious diet that even includes some sweets to help you keep from over indulging in that area. It also includes fruit, vegetables and even some canned goods to help add some variety to the mix. Did you know that a can of condensed chicken noodle soup only has 150 calories in it, furthermore do you realize that a twinkie only has 150 calories and only 40 of those are from fat, that's less than 30% and almost all fruit has no fat from calories. If you eat something relatively high in calories early in the day you can throw in a piece of fruit latter on that evening to help shore up the numbers. The average human adult burns around 2000 calories a day depending on the amount of activity. If you sleep 8 hours a day, that means you are awake 16 hours a day and you could eat every 2 hours consuming less than 200 calories 8 times a day and as long as you have a relatively active day you would be burning more than you consume.

working