jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

When you feel like giving up, What do you say or do to make yourself feel better

1. mastergreen profile image78
    mastergreenposted 3 years ago

When you feel like giving up, What do you say or do to make yourself feel better?

When you feel like giving up, What do you do or say to make yourself feel better? How do you cheer yourself up? What makes you not give up?

2. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

"He who has a 'why' to his existence can bear with any 'how'. (Neitzsche). That got me through a TERRIBLE time in my life.  My daughter was my 'why'. 
    Now, it's not so much what I say, but what I DO to make myself feel better.  I try to accomplish one thing, no matter how little - wash the dishes, clean a drawer.  If I'm "o.k" enough, I try to do something that will benefit someone else - give a friend a little surprise or make a comment to someone on FB or elsewhere that I sense might make them feel good about themselves - makes me feel better. 
    Sometimes just answering a question HERE on hubpages or asking one helps.
    Oh, sometimes, it helps to just plain CRY! We try to hold back the tears and hold back the tears and hold back the tears.  If we just let the tears flow and get it out, it's a great release of the pressure of sorrow. Cuddling with my little dog Scooter comforts me.
    Quotes have helped me, "Life breaks everyone and many are strong in the broken places."  (Hemingway).
    Thinking about what would make my husband happy on that day might do it for me.
    Essentially MOVING and also getting "out of myself" is what works the most for me along with embracing the phrase " the audacity of hope".  To be audacious in hoping is essential.

mastergreenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That was very sincere. Thank you.

3. Ana Koulouris profile image78
    Ana Koulourisposted 3 years ago

I leave the room/building/situation/environment, find someplace quiet, and give myself a chance to breathe. I take several deep breaths (inhale for 4 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, exhale 4 seconds) and allow myself to feel whatever emotions I'm having. After, I remind myself of all I've experienced, overcome, survived up to this point. I remind myself I'm strong. I'm a survivor. I've got the will power to put up with and push past anything  that's thrown at me. But the most important thing is that I remind myself it's OK to break down and cry and yell and want to hide from the world because I'm only human.

That's a nice one. Thank you.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

Look for answers and tell myself that i am not alone with this problems

Very true. Thank you.

working