jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you are trying to lose weight, do you find using a personal trainer beneficia

1. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

If you are trying to lose weight, do you find using a personal trainer beneficial?

Often times when you sign up for a gym membership they try to sell you on the idea of using a personal trainer? Do you think a person will be more successful by using a personal trainer or do you find it is better to do your own workouts?

2. GDiBiase profile image82
    GDiBiaseposted 7 years ago

It depends how much you know about working out or even the gym equipment.Also on how focused on your weight loss you are. I believe if you are determined you can have success on your own.

3. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

I use a personal trainer at the gym. They convinced it me would be better lol. But i do find a huge difference when i train with them. Actually i trained 5 years without a trainer and never got anywhere. When i got the trainer, the intensity of the work out was really felt. Never accomplished anything while working out on my own smile

4. Suzie Parker profile image60
    Suzie Parkerposted 7 years ago

A personal trainer can be beneficial. It was just too expensive for me.

If you are a beginner and don't know much about gym equipment or you need motivation,/accountability, a PT is a must.

If you are well familiar with gym equipment and exercises and you are committed and motivated on your own, a PT might just be a waste of money.

A good idea is to work with the PT for about 3 months. After those 3 months, you will have a good idea about what to do and you can then decide if you want to continue usinh her service.

5. yankeeintexas profile image61
    yankeeintexasposted 7 years ago

It depends on two things: Money, and Knowledge! If you have the money, and not a lot of knowledge on fitness than go for the fitness trainer.
    But, if you can't afford a trainer than don't do it! Find a friend, or relative that is knowledgeable if fitness and ask them to help you. Also, most gyms will show you how to use the equipment, and you might be able to find another gym member to help you with your workout!

6. Jester98 profile image70
    Jester98posted 6 years ago

Yeah I say use a personal trainer for a few months to learn then save money and do it yourself! In the end its you who decides what to eat when the trainer is not there ;-)

working