HIV+ for more than 10 yrs. Now enjoying GOOD Health. Had some anti viral medicin

1. profile image47
    kitronposted 7 years ago

HIV+ for more than 10 yrs. Now enjoying GOOD Health. Had some anti viral medicines but stopped now.

What is the limit of safe count of CD-3 & CD=4?
    Recently got tested, so I want to compare it. Pls  Thanks.

2. stefancando profile image68
    stefancandoposted 7 years ago

Hey, first of all I'd like to say I'm really sorry you have this disease. It's one of the worst things you could have.

I'm glad you're feeling well and having lived with the virus for 10 years, that's great! I don't know if stopping the antivirals will do much good in the long run. Your virus might start replicating very very fast even if you are feeling good.

When CD4's drop below 200 you are considered to have progressed to AIDS. Generally it is good to have a level above 400, this keeping you safe from infections. However, your immune system won't fully recover.

To this day the only way to keep the virus in check is to keep taking the antivirals. There may be side effects but I've seen people who are doing great even after more than 25 years of HIV infection.

Try to discuss all options with your doctor and ask him to explain everything thoroughly.

Good luck!

working