jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Name the stupidest warning you came across on a product or instructions

1. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Name the stupidest warning you came across on a product or instructions

2. PAPA-BEAR profile image61
    PAPA-BEARposted 6 years ago

On packets of Peanuts it contains a warning, This product contains nuts.

3. kafsoa profile image72
    kafsoaposted 6 years ago

It's funny when you replace a cartridge for your laser printer and read on the toner cartridge "Do not eat toner." As if it's normal that people feed on stuff around them when they get hungry smile

4. MoneyCreator24 profile image60
    MoneyCreator24posted 6 years ago

I do find it funny, if I buy a coffee to go, and on the cup I read: "Caution! Coffee is hot." I presume if I buy a coffee. Actually.

When I was recently in India, the air was heavily polluted by the exhaust gases of cars and motorcycles. At a hotel door, right on the street, I found a sign saying: "Do not smoke". In a way, that was ridiculous.

5. lobonorth profile image60
    lobonorthposted 6 years ago

At one time, many items came with a label warning purchasers never to remove the label. Usually the label was ugly and the reason for the label, if indeed there even was one, was so banal that the first thing everyone did was cut the label off! My wife tells me that somethings still come with these labels but, tellingly, she can't tell me what's on them!

6. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

How about the "recursive escalator sign" ...

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7FhsDw/fl … h/52805877

It is a sign about the sign itself?

7. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

Not exactly a product, but I always find it hilarious when ads for medicines straight up say, "you can totally die from taking this" and expect to get customers.

8. kevin.howell profile image61
    kevin.howellposted 6 years ago

Not a warning,but I once saw a sign that said "mechanic repair".  I could think of a few mechanics who have worked on my vehicles who were in need of this.

9. GNelson profile image76
    GNelsonposted 6 years ago

By a lake in Florida, " Do not harrass the aligators".  It never crossed my mind.

10. Silverspeeder profile image60
    Silverspeederposted 6 years ago

The best sign i've seen for ages

This is a Private Sign
    Please Do Not Read