jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does alcohol consumption affect weight? not just regarding caloric intake -

1. j.amie profile image60
    j.amieposted 7 years ago

How does alcohol consumption affect weight? not just regarding caloric intake - consider everything!

2. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

Well, I was just going to simply state that you are obviously going to gain more weight drinking beer, than liquor.  You have to drink more beer, which = more calories, to feel the same effect that you woud from a lesser amount of liquor.

On the other hand, drinking in general can lead to weight gain.  Sometimes I feel like the more intoxicated you are, the more you are able to eat, without necessarily feeling "full". Does anyone else share that feeling?

Also, the fact you are drinking might make you care less about exactly "what" you are eating.  For example, if you are drunk, you might want to eat a HUGE bacong cheese burger, when you might now have done that if you were sober...

3. Under cover agent profile image68
    Under cover agentposted 7 years ago

Drinking especially quaffing drinks, my tummy accepts more of everything, and so I eat and drink to fill it.
    When I'm not drinking, my tummy doesn't swell and I don't try and fill it.
    Some how I feel it is a mix of lost inhibitions and stretched stomach linings.
    Not an expert but I do know that when I drink I put on weight and eat heaps more, during drinking, after and the next day trying to recover minerals and vitamins.
    That's a lot more eating than normal.
    My personal answer is, choose smaller less, alcoholic drinks or non alc. Believe it, after a few minutes your friends won't even notice.
    Cheers
    UCA

4. Green Wasabi profile image72
    Green Wasabiposted 7 years ago

Usually your body requires more fat food if you are having hangover. Besides, if you're on diet, several drinks can negatively affect your determination.

working