What are suggestions or strategies to help a risk-adverse person overcome their

1. sharing the sky profile image66
    sharing the skyposted 7 years ago

What are suggestions or strategies to help a risk-adverse person overcome their inhibitions?

This is assuming that the person wants to move beyond behavior they deem to be unhealthy, as in the case of living excessively in fear.

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I will be following this question with great interest because I am one of those people, fearful of accidents, or catastrophes, and tons of other things.mostly situations were safety is involve.  I'm not afraid of snakes, or spiders or things like that.

For me what happens, rather than living in fear, I end up adapting and telling myself I didn't want to fly or drive, or whatever it is.  I convince myself that I didn't want to do it anyway. When I have forced myself to do the things I am afraid of, it is fine, but as soon as it is over, the fear returns--such as going to the dentist.  I agonize over it, go and think--hey this isn't bad.  And I am fine--until the next time.

so I am anxious to hear what others have done, or recommend

3. Toran Sheftick profile image70
    Toran Sheftickposted 7 years ago

you have to be the person you want to be.. there's no simple way around it.  Act as if.

working