jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone ever been able to get short term disability (paid) from work due to d

1. ravenlt04 profile image64
    ravenlt04posted 7 years ago

Has anyone ever been able to get short term disability (paid) from work due to depression?  How?

2. profile image52
    clmrn64posted 7 years ago

I am sure someone, somewhere has but I do not know of anyone personally. I think that would be a difficult situation to prove. I have heard of "stress leaves" which allows an employee in high stress fields to take some time off without getting into trouble with the employer, however, they are on their own...time off without pay as far as I know.

3. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Just be sure to have your depression documented. Get diagnosed (if you have health care it's sometimes covered). The only sticking point is that you want it short term. Aside from an insurance type deal I'm not sure I'm not sure how you'd get paid. Good luck though!

4. kimbles profile image44
    kimblesposted 7 years ago

I haven't and I wouldn't want to. I am self employed and for me it has always been a case of if I don't work I don't get paid and if I have a holiday I don't get paid...

I find it hard to understand a culture that is increasingly expecting hand outs for not working. The problem is for every 1 person genuinely in need of help there are 10 playing the game and milking the system dry.

working