jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Does an apple a day keeps the doctor away?

1. How? profile image36
    How?posted 7 years ago

Does an apple a day keeps the doctor away?

2. thurs profile image54
    thursposted 7 years ago

yes it is true myths. it contains elements that keeps you healthy and energetic...it vitalize you....so yes it is true that apple a day keeps a doctor away and even doctor at bay. Eating an apple a day is part of healthy and balanced diet. Try it out as it has rich nutritious value.

3. pay2cEM profile image82
    pay2cEMposted 7 years ago

Depends on your aim and how hard you throw.

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

I agree with both thurs and pay2cEM. I am on the metabolic typing diet and apples is one of the few fruits I can have.

5. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 7 years ago

No.

Now it will be an apple plus vegetable. So, it is a combination instead of just an apple.

6. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

Not all by itself.  But it does contribute.  You need a full spectrum of healthy food and exercise to keep the doctor away.  Apple is part of the "healthy food" part.

7. stuff4you profile image63
    stuff4youposted 7 years ago

Good nutrition is good, but its not everything.

Its one of the healthier foods out there.

I just noticed a related hub which is titled 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away- why and how'

8. Tamila Roberts profile image34
    Tamila Robertsposted 7 years ago

No that's an old myth from my grandmother day's. I think the revolutionary way to stay healthy is by starting a diet to grow taller. Ok, my friend has started on this diet and it worked for him.

9. profile image0
    Car Donationsposted 7 years ago

well, not quite. We have to have a balanced diet too!

10. craftybegonia profile image73
    craftybegoniaposted 7 years ago

Probably not, but you'd be surprised how much good fruit will do you, (if you're not a diabetic), especially those fruits that are rich in antioxidants.

11. larry1987 profile image50
    larry1987posted 7 years ago

yes. it is an old saying, you can try it in your daily life...

12. Golfgal profile image83
    Golfgalposted 7 years ago

Actually by eating one apple a day gives you tremendous health benefits especially fiber.  A large apple has pectin, a sufficient fiber to keep a person regular as well as lower bade cholesterol in the blood.  .  The vitamin C, A, E, and beta carotene all aids to great health by fighting free radicals and boosting the immune system.  Trace minerals like boron are also in an apple that helps the bones and brain.  Apples clean the teeth when biting into them helping to naturally reduce bacteria in the mouth.  I know I also read some years ago that the apple has natural ingredients that help fight Alzheimer's like an anti-aging element of some kind.  Obviously a well balanced is needed for overall health, but the apple has great benefits that meet many of our daily requirements for optimal health.  So eat that apple, no matter what the variety.  My personal favorite a large firm golden delicious.   Now if your apple didn't come with a warranty....sorry the doctor is out.

13. healthy meals profile image78
    healthy mealsposted 5 years ago

Do you really know what makes an apple so special?  apples are a source of energy, can help you to keep slim, they boost your inmune system and much more... read more

working