Do you allow young kids to drink pepsi and coke?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. kafsoa profile image62
    kafsoaposted 13 years ago

Do you allow young kids to drink pepsi and coke?

I don't allow my kids to drink coke or pepsi as I believe they're harmful for their nervous system. Do you think I'm wrong?

2. How? profile image40
    How?posted 13 years ago

Yes.. you are right.. but you can always allow them to have drinks like fruity, or rasna...

3. suncat profile image61
    suncatposted 13 years ago

I would not allow adults to drink those substances either...

4. grandslambert profile image53
    grandslambertposted 13 years ago

Not only do I not allow my kids to drink them, I do not drink them. In fact, my daughter and I rarely drink any soda. Milk, Juice and Water our the choices in our house. I just wish I could convince the wife of the same thing and get her to stop drinking Mountain Dew Code Red.

Soda (or pop) have almost no nutritional value of any kind, and many of them have ingredients that actually make a person even more thirsty than they were, forcing them to drink more. The same argument could be made about sports drinks.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

I think you are right.  We preach and preach about no drug use and yet we - the adults - are swilling caffeine big time.  So no, we did not let our kids have any drinks with caffeine or too much sugar.  Why train their bodies to crave those things?

6. Tamila Roberts profile image38
    Tamila Robertsposted 13 years ago

I had a friend who used to work in a restaurant as a manager. I was drinking 7up and he told me its very bad. I didn't know it was toxic until then. Apparently, according to him it's poison the super-heavy amounts of sugar were destroying my pancreas easily.

So, Me and my best friend put those soft drinks to test OK. Put one big nail in a glass of coke, leave it there for two days. Put it away, go do stuff. Come back and you will find it totally rusted out. It's really been tried no joke.

From what I learned in that restaurant 7up, pepsi and coke cost nothing to the business. Not even 1 cents a glass, but, they make the most profit out of it because its so addictive and once you drink some you want some more. It's really important to follow a strict diet with natural sugars. If you want to grow taller OK and not suffer from diabetes at age 30.

Actually my friend was so worried about my health, he didn't want me to drink another glass of that junk. Sometimes, it really tempting especially if your a big coffee lover.

7. Lissa101 profile image60
    Lissa101posted 13 years ago

Its your decision as they are your children.  I only let my little one have this type of drink on special occasions and from she was little have mostly given her water to drink, it worked, she drinks alot of water which is good for her.

8. minesgm profile image82
    minesgmposted 13 years ago

Yes, a little sip is ok. Even for young and old consumer there is a bad effect. Just that sometimes it is minimal. In anyway too much is bad. So even for a softdrink we should drink in moderate.

9. profile image0
    mommyloves2writeposted 13 years ago

My older daughter never liked soda, so it was a non-issue.  MY twins drink Sprite maybe two or three times a year as a treat during the holidays.  They do not need the caffine or the empty, sugar calories.  They are active naturally!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)