jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the safest way to tan?

1. TheBlondie profile image59
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

What is the safest way to tan?

2. jujanester profile image76
    jujanesterposted 7 years ago

...I dont know,, I dont like to get tanned,, I want to get fair complexion,, people like me easily gets tan,,I dont like it..hehe...

3. Mr Nice profile image80
    Mr Niceposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4966593_f260.jpg

Natural tan by the beach, enjoy the sun and get the natural tan too.
    However, remember no tanning source is safe even too much natural tan can be dangerous too, because you can develop skin cancer.

4. Zubair Ahmed profile image77
    Zubair Ahmedposted 7 years ago

The best attitude when it comes to getting a tan is to think gradual. No one can or will get a great tan in one day, but you will after several days of being exposed to the sun – gradual effect.  Don’t harm your body simply because you want a tan. You may want to read my hub on tanning.

5. jstewart989 profile image56
    jstewart989posted 7 years ago

The safest way to get a tan is gradually using sunscreen. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sun.

6. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 7 years ago

i would say that a natural tan is best, but too much sun is not good.

7. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

I use virgin coconut oil and never burn. I have fair, olive toned skin and get a nice healthy glow. Our bodies need so much sun as it is the best form of vitamin D we can get for our bones! The fat in coconut oil is the safest sunblock out there because it coats the skin while moisturizing it and keeping it safe from damage. Get some info on it! It's really great stuff for the skin!

8. whizzer profile image76
    whizzerposted 6 years ago

The safest tan is no tan at all. Exposure to sunlight that is strong enough to make you tan can also cause skin cancer over time. Sun burn greatly increases your risk of cancer as well as aging your skin quickly.

If you want to look tanned, then a 'fake' tan is the best (not UV lamps though).

The body does indeed manufacture vitamin D when the skin is exposed to daylight. This doesn't have to be direct sunlight.

Using any kind of oil on the skin whilst sunbathing will effectively 'fry' your skin...not a good idea! It's OK as an aftersun treatment though.

working