jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the safest natural thing for an upset stomach?

1. Swope profile image59
    Swopeposted 4 years ago

What is the safest natural thing for an upset stomach?

Not sure if taking something over the counter is a good idea.

2. Bk42author profile image80
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

I find chamomile tea and peppermint work well.

3. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

Swope, ginger root is my "drug" of choice, and I copied the instructions for you.  You can also check the link.

"Bring to a boil 6 cups of water.  Add the sliced ginger root and 4 to 6 cinnamon sticks.  Let the ‘tea’ simmer at a low boil for 20 minutes.  Let cool.  Remove the ginger root and cinnamon sticks. 

"This recipe makes a nice pitcher-full so I always have some handy in the fridge if upset stomach acid rears it’s ugly head.  Relief is only 10 – 15 minutes away."

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/remedies/ … t-stomach/

4. shanice whitter profile image76
    shanice whitterposted 4 years ago

I recommend Ginger tea.Try to use the natural thing its more effective.

5. tehgyb profile image84
    tehgybposted 4 years ago

Depends on the cause, if its caused by acid than a small amount of baking soda will go a long way.
    Other common things some use would be peppermint, chamomile, ginger, licorice and green tea.

6. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I've always followed the BRAT diet for this. Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. Sprite and water often help for liquids as well.

7. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 4 years ago

Simple:  Ginger Ale on ice and sipped and saltine crackers.  The ginger calms the stomach and reduces acid.  You can also eat an apple, not the sauce.  Pectin is a natural antacid but it is in the skin of the apple. Celery also works because it has chloraphyll in it and it c alms the stomach too.

working