This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Who was the most unusual patient that you nursed?

1. avorodisa profile image85
    avorodisaposted 7 years ago

Who was the most unusual patient that you nursed?

2. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Hi avorodisa,

There was one patient who sticks out and he was a guy I met when I was doing my training. He had mental health problems but had also just been diagnosed with MS. He was admitted to hospital because of breathing difficulties. We all felt that he was a bit odd and kept himself to himself. However, we discovered that he was an artist. The sketches and paintings that he created were mystical in theme and stunningly beautiful. You would think that this kind of person wouldn't want to talk while working, but he did. He would tell us all what he was seeing and feeling while creating a painting. Once you got to know him he was a very warm-hearted person and shy. But he only felt comfortable with 3 of us on the ward. I was one, the second was my nurse tutor and the third was the charge nurse of the ward. But that was it, he wouldn't talk to anyone else. He was so talented but so unusal that I still remember him very clearly even although it was 20+ years ago when I met him.

working