jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

When you are extremely angry and don't want to act on it, what do you do?

1. steppingUP profile image61
    steppingUPposted 6 years ago

When you are extremely angry and don't want to act on it, what do you do?

2. gifty1 profile image58
    gifty1posted 6 years ago

I would  watch my favorite movie , play a game or take a short nap to help me overcome my anger

3. Ludivine profile image61
    Ludivineposted 6 years ago

I would make myself a fresh pot of coffee, pour myself a cup and go sit down outside, away from everyone until I feel in peace again.

4. Maltese-er profile image60
    Maltese-erposted 6 years ago

I go for a walk or a run if I can, it gives me such a good mood afterwards and I feel so much better

5. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I would smoke first, then meditate for thirty minutes or until I feel calmer. In situations where that isn't always possible, I find counting back from 10 is useful.

6. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Not that I advise this, but I clench my jaw, and grind my teeth............

My dentist makes a lot of money!

7. manthy profile image76
    manthyposted 6 years ago

I get angry at work from time to time and when I do I just relax for about 5 seconds , don't say a word and then I go back to work.

8. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

In the fight-flight mode I usually do like BizGenGirl, I have a smoke. I know, not a great thing to do. The other thing I do is examine my feelings searching for the cause of the effect. That can be very exhausting and trying too. So, I have a smoke LOL.

9. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

take a second to step back and examin my ego for me usaly its my ego that is angery not my heart

10. Troop Journeys profile image58
    Troop Journeysposted 6 years ago

It depends on who I am angry at.  If it's one of my kids all I have to do is look at their little faces and remember something cute they did and take a breath.  I calm down and I can deal with anything they trow at me. I love them too much to stay mad.  If it is an adult I have to walk away to calm down so I can deal with them in a reasonable way.

working