jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you feel violated during a routine papsmear?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image74
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

Do you feel violated during a routine papsmear?

Routine papsmears is necessary, however, for some women the feeling can be
    not a pleasant moment, so do you feel violated?

2. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

No, you get used to it after several years and it is important to your health.

Think of it as a necessary inconvenience and something that could save your life.

3. fflores041985 profile image55
    fflores041985posted 6 years ago

This is from a man's point of view. I went to many appointments when my wife was pregnant and got to be there when paps were being done to her. I think that if the person doing it is a female it wouldn't be as uncomfortable as a male. I grew up with pure women (family) and still tend to get into those "manly thoughts." Its something you pick after hanging out with men. If it happens to me, practically a girl, it can happen even to a professional male doctor or nurse. But its true that it could save your life if something is found there so don't feel so bad cause you could have it worse. I mean, I can't imagine what it will be like when I get to the point where I get a prostate exam done. I hope this was helpful and don't be ashamed of hearing this from a man.

4. ALUR profile image65
    ALURposted 6 years ago

Hm, violated means a lot. If there's a weird feeling that isn't jiving then someone isn't doing it right. Always trust your instinct.
    For me I was violated when an attending physician came in as "back up" and I was spread for them to discuss the vulva and all that jazz.

Not a great feeling, otherwise I always go to a female, the prude that I am.

5. AustinBabyGuru profile image59
    AustinBabyGuruposted 6 years ago

no but then I use a midwife who has always treated me with respect. I think it has a lot to do with how the exam is done.

6. Melissa.P profile image59
    Melissa.Pposted 6 years ago

No its not a big deal.  I have always gone to women doctors but either way its routine and it is pretty fast.  No shame in being healthy ahah

7. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Yes and no. It is a bit "violating" in a loose sense of the word. Though it's also voluntary and It's less violating then having needles jabbed into you for vaccines, medicines or birth control....

8. megwinkler profile image60
    megwinklerposted 6 years ago

Nope.  No more violated that a dental exam, I suppose.  It's a medical procedure.  Sure, the doc's up in your business, but they're necessary and if you find the right doctor, that can make all the difference in the world.  They're definitely easier when you're older (and used to having them every year) and especially after you've had a baby.  I've been to both male and female doctors and it's all just a matter of preference.  If you ever feel "violated," DON'T go back to that doctor.  Sure, they're not comfortable experiences, and it's not like anyone looks forward to them, but you also shouldn't walk away wanting to cry.

Closed to reply

working