jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How to gain weight and muscles quickly?

1. How? profile image35
    How?posted 6 years ago

How to gain weight and muscles quickly?

2. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Depends on what you mean by "quickly".

In terms of gaining weight and growing muscles in a healthy manner, "quick" could mean 5 to 10 months.

Anything else is pretty much unhealthy. If you start now, you'll start to feel the results, but you won't truly see any large differences for a while. The trick is to persevere, not to look for quick fixes smile

3. Tamila Roberts profile image34
    Tamila Robertsposted 6 years ago

You should stick to weight training exercises. I have to agree with bigzen about the fact that it's not about speed. start off by doing curls. Try seeking more professional advice by heading to your favorite gym or Health club.

Always ask your doctor before beginning any training if you are not currently fit. My definition of fit is if you are a regular exerciser and been doing at least 8-10 hours a week for the past couple of years.

Choose a weight that is heavy if you want to train muscle size, for muscle fitness and a "cut" body you would want to choose light weights. That should do the trick just fine! Good luck in your training smile

4. Ken Barton profile image58
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

The easiest way to gain healthy muscle weight is through weight training and proper diet.  By eating high protein (muscle building foods) combined with lifting weights you can add muscle mass to your body.

If a person just wants to tone up with weight lifting the process involves lots of repetition of light weights.  To gain muscle mass the process involves less repetition, but greater weight.  Since you want to gain weight and muscle, I would suggest using weights that are within your ability, but not too heavy (you don't want to hurt yourself), and do less repetition.  Also, muscle weighs more than fat, so by doing this type of training you will gain good weight faster than you would by putting on fat weight.

Never do any heavy lifting of free weights without a "Spotter", someone there to assist you with the weight, just in case you have a problem.  I had a good friend who was doing "French Curls" with free weights, only to have the clamp come loose allowing the weights to slide off, and hit him in the head.  He was knocked out, and needed several stitches for the gash on his forehead, and had he been alone at the time this accident might have been much worst.  So, as with all lifting be careful with how you lift.  I wish you good fortune in your endeavor.

5. Ann810 profile image80
    Ann810posted 6 years ago

Drink protein shakes and dance more often. This might help with weight and muscle. (quickly)

6. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Gain weight is easy as you just need to increase your normal calories intake. Say if you take 2500 calories per day then by increasing it to 3000 per day, you will definitely increase weight.

As for muscles, you can do weight bearing exercises. Buy yourself dumb-bells that can increase weight gradually as you use it. Start with a comfortable weight like 3kg - 5 kg. Later increase it to 10kg and further as you can.

7. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Dream and it shall come.                                                 .

8. TechyTech profile image56
    TechyTechposted 6 years ago

yeah I would like to know that as well the protein shakes just don't do it for me I don't know I guess just eat foods that contain alot of proteins and train hard but quickly I don't think there's a quick way to do that well p90x maybe haha smile

9. celebritie profile image84
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

protein shakes work well that is what my brother did, he drank them everyday and then went to the gym to use free weights. Also I think he ate tons of chicken and fish.

Weightlifting works but it took dedication now he is bulky.

working