jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone tried enbrel for anklosing spodylitis what were your results?

1. zippot profile image61
    zippotposted 6 years ago

Has anyone tried enbrel for anklosing spodylitis what were your results?

2. Sesshoumaru2st profile image57
    Sesshoumaru2stposted 6 years ago

I don't know.I don't have any join disorders,so i can really make an effective comment on your question.But I will say this,you should seek professional help.A doctor,or a biologist can easily answer your questions if he.she has come across similar clients before.Good luck..

3. Mickmc profile image84
    Mickmcposted 6 years ago

Hi Zippot, I don't have AS myself, but I have worked with many patients who have taken etanercept (enbrel). For patients with moderate to severe symptoms, the improvement in symptoms can be quite large. Even for people with less severe symptoms the improvement can be very noticeable. Of course you  should discuss any medications of this nature with your doctors and / or pharmacist (assuming you are considering it for yourself). With any anti-TNF medications (like Enbrel) it is important to consider side effects (remember its not a short term treatment to just try for a while and then switch to something else). Additionally, the reduction in symptoms is more likely to be maintained if used in conjunction with an AS specific exercise program prescribed by a physical therapist with specific experience treating patients with AS. The exercises for AS have very different objective than exercises for other types of back / joint pain. That is why you see a physical therapist with experience treating AS patients. Check out the NASS website (uk), its a great online resource. I plan on writing a hub on this topic in the next few weeks, so just let me know if you want more info / have any specific questions about what I've observed with people using etanercept. All the best.

4. zippot profile image61
    zippotposted 6 years ago

I have just been prescribed this treatment and the first week the results are outstanding. i was wondering what the long term effects would be ?

working