jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

So is it best to eat before or after weightlifting?

1. Trevor Davis profile image55
    Trevor Davisposted 6 years ago

So is it best to eat before or after weightlifting?

Which way heightens the metabolism better? Or builds muscle faster even? Just a question I've had in my head for a while now.

2. profile image0
    AnnaStephensposted 6 years ago

Depends on how you get your nutrition - if you eat a lot of carbs, eat them beforehand and protein afterwards.
    Always eat protein afterwards to repair muscle and help build more.
    If you eat low-carb or Paleo, then eat something fatty beforehand - bacon's always good - and protein afterwards.

3. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I would consume a balanced meal before weight lifting, and have a balanced snack afterward as well. You need to have energy to do the exercises, and your muscles need extra fuel to repair and rebuild themselves after you exercise. Also make sure to take a nap after weightlifting and your snack, as this is the best for your body and will help you build muscles faster and healthier.

4. krisingreen profile image60
    krisingreenposted 6 years ago

most of the training manuals I've reviewed in the past teaches body builders to eat before and after weight training. It's for additional bulk-up. But you need to make sure that what you eat converts into energy and it also has to be of little fat and more proteins.

5. HERBERT ubaldo profile image58
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

before weight lifting so that you have more power to do so and go on, more energetic than an empty stomach

working