jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How is procrastination impacting your life?

1. ThunderKeys profile image63
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

How is procrastination impacting your life?

In what way would you benefit if you could stop procrastinating in this way?

2. Neil Sperling profile image82
    Neil Sperlingposted 6 years ago

procrastination is my friend - not my enemy ... I LOVE THAT ASPECT of myself..... see why here

http://brankababic-rubikcubereadymode.b … iends.html

3. ThunderKeys profile image63
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

I agree with what you're saying, Neil Sperling, about re-framing your thinking and so your feelings about procrastination. "Personifying" your different behavior trends is a very humanizing as well. That makes the change process easier.

However, the simple approach I'm outlining here is more about getting from point A to point B on simple work tasks that people are in the habit of avoiding or under-performing on, independent of larger "personality issues" that may get in the way. I think this process is actually complementary to the one you describe on tasks that can still stand for a little performance improvement.

Although, this approach is also the basis of the most effective non-chemical treatment for clinical depression (see wiki on activation therapy, or the recent major "component analysis study" in cognitive behavior therapy to see what part of it works best and why).

- Duddy.

4. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 6 years ago

dont have the time tio answer now - i'll get back to you on that...