jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you know how to eliminate procrastination?

1. The Jet profile image77
    The Jetposted 6 years ago

Do you know how to eliminate procrastination?

I am guilty of procrastinating at times and it makes me feel like crap. I have a burning ambition inside of me and every time I waste time away, it sucks. How to get rid of it?

2. nancynurse profile image78
    nancynurseposted 6 years ago

Try to get your hardest tasks done first. Be sure to get dressed right away in am so you are ready for any changes in your schedlule. Read mail once when it comes in and throw away trash mail otherwise you will find yourself piciing up the same thing over and over. Reward yourself for each majoyr task or one you have been putting off. This will encourage you do finsh a jobl Learn when to say no and what is really necessary and what is not.

3. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Can I get back to you in a few days on that?

Dude - just do it.  Just plain do it now.

4. Bianu profile image61
    Bianuposted 6 years ago

Find a challenge and have someone to be accountable to. Do a variation of the Hubchallenge for your goals.

Try to add an aura of competition to the things you prostrate about the most

5. alezafree profile image85
    alezafreeposted 6 years ago

@Pcunix took my joke! Great minds!! I think the key is to just focus on doing one thing at a time. I also find that making my bed as soon as I wake up helps put me in a more proactive mindset.

6. MosLadder profile image87
    MosLadderposted 6 years ago

Start slow, but start. Don't look at a task as a big deal, even if it is. Break it down and start. If it's something like exercise, get up and start swinging your arms, walking, or something very natural; before you know it you'll be ready for a workout. Remind yourself you don't have later to get it done, do it now.

7. cobrien profile image76
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

Train your brain with the "JUST DO IT" mentality. Don't think about it, just do it. Then reward yourself for a job done, like with a steak dinner or a day at the beach or a new book or whatever floats your boat.

8. greatstuff profile image96
    greatstuffposted 6 years ago

Break up your task into many smaller and easier tasks..this will motivate you to start on it asap

9. perfectperception profile image59
    perfectperceptionposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure that there is an elimination for it.  You are in control of what you do or not.  So if there is something you want to do. Be like a Nike commercial and Just Do It!

10. Gregoryy profile image61
    Gregoryyposted 6 years ago

It is all a mindset, to beat procrastination you have to proactivley push yourself to get things done ASAP. When you are procrastinating, say that thing needs to be done, and i am going to do it ASAP.

11. profile image36
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

YES Of course I do,How could I as an adult not know that?

12. normanwinkfield profile image44
    normanwinkfieldposted 6 years ago

The fact that you know  what the problem is, you got half of the problem solve. You speak of a burning ambition. Take a good look at that, is it really burning? I believe if you can get the right goals and objective into your burning ambition that will fire you up and make it difficult to wast time procrastination.  Avoid heavy eating junk foods and prolong television viewing.  Avoid anything that will make you drowsy.  When i feel an alibi coming on, I jump up and do 30 push ups.  If you can't  do 30 do whatever you can, and get back to your burning ambition.  That should eliminate the problem. Good luck with that.

working