jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is you opinion on in vitro fertilisation (IVF)?

1. reena_yadav profile image78
    reena_yadavposted 6 years ago

What is you opinion on in vitro fertilisation (IVF)?

2. sriparna profile image81
    sriparnaposted 6 years ago

Very expensive, a lot of patience needed, there is a fear of Down's syndrome in the baby, so consultation with a good, trusted doctor needed but I've heard that it works....

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

For couples who have tried everything to have a baby on their own, IVF can be a blessing. I know a few people who have benefitted from having the procedure done, and neither they nor their babies have had side effects.

4. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

I think it is a good method for couples who have been trying to concieve for a long period of time and have been unable to do it.  It is also good for a young woman who wants children before she reaches a certain age and hasn't met the right man yet.

Other than that, it isn't really necessary.  Why resort to something risky if you don't have to?

5. reena_yadav profile image78
    reena_yadavposted 6 years ago

Your answer is to the point, it is an expensive procedure and time consuming as well. As for the Down Syndrome in the baby, i have not read about any of that. I do know multiple births exists when doing IVF. Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this question. I too know of people who have tried IVF and have successfully given birth as well but have since lost contact with them.

Thanks for answring this question. I agree that IVF is best used when couples who have been trying for a long time and are unable to conceive and that it is also good for couples who want to have kids before they reach a certain age. However, i am sure couples wont resort to it unless necessary as the costs are high and the procedure takes time as well.