If you had bone cancer that was causing severe pain in the hip, could it be reli

1. profile image45
    oldrileyposted 6 years ago

If you had bone cancer that was causing severe pain in the hip, could it be relieved by sitting in a

straight back chair.. My dad has a bone scan scheduled they were ruling out bone cancer. His pain does subside when he sits in a straight back chair like a kitchen table chair

2. Galadriel Arwen profile image74
    Galadriel Arwenposted 6 years ago

Cancer is a no win situation and I'm sorry! I found that Blue Stuff with Emu Oil helped my father's back when he was dying. His back was hurting because he couldn't get up and out of bed and after a while it was severe. Nothing like pain from cancer of course, but I read about Emu Oil and got a sample of blue stuff from bluesprings.com to try  - it worked to alleviate the pain. It does not help my daughter so I believe it is a blood chemistry issue.. Worth a try however since they send free samples. In the end unfortunately cancer is so painful not even morphine will help. Prayer sometimes does - My gramps prayed and told us his cancer pain was gone - Who knows... Best wishes to you and yours!

3. Matt Stark profile image78
    Matt Starkposted 6 years ago

Typically pain from cancer is not alleviated by position change.  Certainly a space occupying lesion may mechanically cause pain on surrounding structures.  It is liklely his physician will look at several other factors.  If cancer is ruled out and the source appears mechanical, physical therapy and exercise are likle yot help to some degree.  Best of luck to you both.

working