jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever felt low on motivation and a phase of lacklustre? How to get over

1. sriparna profile image81
    sriparnaposted 6 years ago

Have you ever felt low on motivation and a phase of lacklustre? How to get over it?

I have been an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher all along, suddenly going through a jaded phase, not interested in my work anymore, doing everything as a chore. I am feeling as if I have reached a point of saturation, any advice?

2. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Hello Sriparna:

I do not think that it is unusual to have a lack of motivation or enthusiasm.  Particularly in the society we live within today. Occasionally we all get a bit bored or tired of the same routine day in and day out. I myself and friends that I have spoke with-feel like this from time to time as well.  If you have been feeling like this more than three times a month, possibly you are starting to suffer from some sort of depression, or could have undiagnosed mixed bipolar disorder.  Or on the other hand, maybe your going through a change of life.  I know some women experience this when they reach a certain age.  Also schedule an appt. with your physician.  Maybe your overdue for a good physical exam, that could uncover a slight deficiency in iron for example.  Also eating too much sugar, could also give you the blues.  Hope some of my advice and suggestions helps you out somewhat.  Remember though-you are not alone, because a lot of people out there have experienced this during one time or another throughout their lifetimes.

Jlbowden

3. profile image0
    AlienWednesdayposted 6 years ago

Yes. If you can take a vacation that may help. Or find a new way that you can teach to get your enthusiasm back. Even maybe a different type of teaching position? Also, maybe go back to a time that you were really full on enthusiastic and remember what you were doing then that kept the fire going.

Good Luck

4. platinumOwl4 profile image75
    platinumOwl4posted 6 years ago

First, get up take a shower, have a light snack, then go to a full size mirror. Now you are face to face with yourself. At this point you can speak to your inner self, tell it what to think in a loud affirmative voice. This will penetrate your unconscious mind Do it often and see yourself in a better frame of mind.

5. dkanofsky profile image57
    dkanofskyposted 6 years ago

Yes for many years due to clinical depression.  Believe me those feelings were extremely difficult to overcome. Fortunately through treatment  I am feeling more motivated now than ever before. Having said that for anyone who is running on low motivation I'd recommend finding a passion and working on it. Ask yourself this question, "If I had all the money in the world, what would I enjoy doing more than anything else in the world?"  If your passion has to do with helping people in someway, all the more better.  Then make short term/long-term goals to work on your passion.  Your goals should never involve coming to an end and always involve a process to keep your motivation going.

working