jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When is Summer heat most oppressive?

1. Larry Fields profile image77
    Larry Fieldsposted 6 years ago

When is Summer heat most oppressive?

If you're in a house without air conditioning during a Summer heat wave, which time of day is more miserable for you: night or late afternoon. Why?

2. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Hello Larry:

Well today was quite warm here where I am. But I believe it will get a lot warmer as we get into mid-July thru August. The sun is usually the hottest when it is directly overhead. Which is about 3PM during the day. When you combine the relative humidity with the heat index, I would have to say that early to mid-August is when it is going to be the warmest, in terms of summer months that is.  On the other hand, if you are in the house without an A/C, I would have to say that it could be very uncomfortable during the evening hours, particularly while you are trying to get to sleep. Even if you have a fan blowing on you, it could still get somewhat sticky during the night.

Jl

3. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

If I don't have air conditioning, then it doesn't matter what time of day it is.  It is still hot as H***!

4. Pam Pounds profile image77
    Pam Poundsposted 6 years ago

Well, it's 12 noon and 107 where I am.  The earth does not cool down at all.  10pm and still 104.  If I had no air conditioning I would consider checking into an insane asylum.

5. Larry Fields profile image77
    Larry Fieldsposted 6 years ago

Thank you Pam Pounds, Jlbowden, and lovelife08.

working