jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Don’t be afraid of death. Be afraid of a life you didn’t live. Food 4 thought

1. wordsscriber profile image60
    wordsscriberposted 6 years ago

Don’t be afraid of death. Be afraid of a life you didn’t live.  Food 4 thought

2. Temirah profile image82
    Temirahposted 6 years ago

There could be nothing worse than a near-life experience.  It's something we must avoid at all costs - get out there and dare to be brilliant!

3. overcomeshyness profile image58
    overcomeshynessposted 6 years ago

This is a great starting point to living the life you want, although I don't think fear will always lead you in the right place. Fear can show us what we value, but it can also get us into trouble.

With that said, I've had a near-death experience, and I can't say I fear it much anymore!

4. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 6 years ago

This reminds me of my all-time favouries quote, which I believe originally came from Mark Twain. To paraphrase:

'When you grow old, it is not the things you did in life which you most regret; it is the things you didn't do.'

It's so true in my case. If you do something in life and it goes wrong, well, at least you tried and learned from the experience. But if you don't do something exciting or adventurous out of fear or uncertainty, then you may always wonder what might have been, if only you had had the courage.