jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best way to get back into an exercise routine?

1. Alexandria A profile image64
    Alexandria Aposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to get back into an exercise routine?

For a long time I had a daily exercise routine, but life happens and I slowly stopped. I want to start again but I can't do it the same way I use to. I need new and fresh ideas.

2. vitalesweets profile image60
    vitalesweetsposted 6 years ago

The best way is to begin today. Do a little each day and increase your intensity, etc with time. Eventually you will be back in your routine. The key is not to put it off!

3. SummerSurf profile image60
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Update your music collection on your iPod. 

I find music helps to keep me going and makes the gym more interesting.  It also helps me to work out faster if I chose a beaty number.

Also, think of new ways to exercise, like taking up a new activity, whether it be surfing or cycling or skiing. 

Habits take 3 weeks (is it?) to become established so if you can decide what you're going to do, stick with it and gradually you will find it easier to maintain.

4. jwhitman profile image69
    jwhitmanposted 6 years ago

I find a pair of jeans or something that no longer fit and leave them in plain sight in my bedroom...sometimes I will buy something new that's just a little snug.  Having something that I want to wear that doesn't quite fit motivated me to get myself in gear.  It's a little mini goal that isn't super hard to reach = )

5. bekahbeast profile image55
    bekahbeastposted 6 years ago

start gradually, and do it for about 20 min or so, and work your way up.
    Do things that are enjoyable- like swimming or going on a summer night bike ride. Ask a friend to join you (:

6. tyler_richmond profile image54
    tyler_richmondposted 6 years ago

Plan for your daily workouts, keep a good diet, and just always think that even if you don't want to do it that it is beneficial and will pay off. But always schedule your workouts ahead of time, this helps you stay organized and provides a little extra motivation.