jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Recovery. Life changing.

1. Daddyzz profile image57
    Daddyzzposted 6 years ago

Recovery. Life changing.

Another question - I would also love to hear about people in recovery. I am in recovery for the past few years. My life has changed. I take that back, I have a new life. Has anyone else had desire to stop drinking? And what "steps" have you taken? Are these stupid questions?

2. Mamadrama profile image60
    Mamadramaposted 6 years ago

Def NOT a stupid question. Recovery is a serious topic, one that will probably not be answered in one question. It's a life long therapy and lesson. Keep strong, find faith in yourself and know that you have friends when you don't expect them. ps. You should blog about your experience!

3. J.S.Matthew profile image84
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Daddyzz, the best Hubber that I can suggest to you is "The Clean Life": http://thecleanlife.hubpages.com/  He has been through a lot and understands the complexities of addiction. I suggest that you check him out!

Good luck to you!

JSMatthew~

4. seicheprey profile image60
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Not a stupid question, it's tough to do.  I only stopped a little while ago and I want a drink every day.  I started with not buying it and staying out of the beer aisle in the grocery store.

5. legitimo profile image45
    legitimoposted 6 years ago

As a teenager in to early adult hood I was a lush,then around my thirty's I just stop drinking,even though i was in a lot of accident's i was not a driver.But, I believe that'one of the reasons that scared me another was my father ,who was a full blown alcoholic,But a good person,he later married Luther Vandross sister Patricia Williams .That's another story.

6. lockgirl profile image60
    lockgirlposted 6 years ago

I  congratulate you on your step to recovery. I know from experience it is a long journey but at the end of the journey you feel better about yourself . You do have a new life . I have been sober for over twenty three years . My choice to get sober was for myself . My father was also an alcoholic and when I seen how alcohol was destroying his life I knew I had to change . The hardest thing to do is to say NO I don't want a drink when you are out with friends.
    Don't let pressures from friends get to you. If they are the root of the problem then it is time to change friends.

And there are never any stupid questions ..... just stupid answers.

working