jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some good remedies for insomnia?

1. pbsandwichofdoom profile image95
    pbsandwichofdoomposted 6 years ago

What are some good remedies for insomnia?

2. Trips profile image61
    Tripsposted 6 years ago

Not doing what I am currently doing...simultaneously watching T.V. and working on the computer at 2:45 a.m.  I am a night owl, who has always suffered from insomnia (since age 12), but there are times it's really bad, and I do myself no favors by exercising hard after 8:00 p.m., watching TV, drinking that tasty, late night "fluffy" coffee, and working on the computer. 

That said, much of the research on insomnia is finding that chemicals are missing in insomiacs' brains--the chemical that allows them to shut their brain off (sorry; too tired to look it up!).  6 years ago, I had insomnia so badly that I finally got on Ambien CR, which really helps (although not always).  I went off of it for awhile, and ended up having an insomniatic bout that lasted for months, and ultimately, led me to having a full-out nervous breakdown.  That was fun.  I hope this info helps.  I'm no doctor, but I've played a full-fledged expert in not sleeping for 30+ years. ;-)

3. Sunny2o0o profile image71
    Sunny2o0oposted 6 years ago

Either meditation, or forcing yourself to focus on something really boring (if you sleep in the same room as someone else, trying to match their breathing is a good one.)

4. swathi180 profile image71
    swathi180posted 6 years ago

One glass of warm milk with a pinch of Cinnamon before going to bed.It gives you good sleep

5. profile image51
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

Valerian root
    Lavender room spray or essential oil burner
    Focused breathing/meditation
    Guided relaxation