jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you doctor told you to stop a bad habit, could you stop it to save your life?

1. gcolefam1 profile image67
    gcolefam1posted 6 years ago

If you doctor told you to stop a bad habit, could you stop it to save your life?

When told that you had to stop drinking alcohol, smoking or overeating, would you have the willpower to stop the bad habit, or would  you continue with it because you loved it more than life?

2. LeeLeePortCity profile image60
    LeeLeePortCityposted 6 years ago

I believe i have the will power to do anything. I don't however do what i'm told in most cases. I think the only way to quit something is when YOU want to and never because someone says you should.

3. DEAR JAMES profile image60
    DEAR JAMESposted 6 years ago

To stop a habit is not that easy. But, if I know continuing in that habit will lead to my early death, then I will try my best to stop that habit in a short time. like I said earlier, it is not easy, but I want to leave long!

4. Ashley Gray profile image87
    Ashley Grayposted 6 years ago

I believe I could! I used to smoke, as did my husband. We found out that his family had a long history of throat cancer, which scared us both. We decided to quit due to that. I quit because I needed to as well, but for the sake of my husband and his health. So if I could do it for him, I could do it for myself. smile

5. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

This is a very good question. I think personally i would stop to save my life as i have kids, i want to see them grow old but i guess other people may not be able to do these things if their life depended on it. I gave up smoking 10 months ago as my kids were on at me and telling me i need to stop as it kills lol. Hence why i stopped as it made me think and feel sad that they felt upset for seeing me smoke!

6. thejeffriestube profile image74
    thejeffriestubeposted 6 years ago

It's hard, but sometimes you have no choice. My uncle had a heart attack, and gave up smoking the next day. Not even a temptation, just done. I'm working on doing the same thing, but it's not easy. But it is neccesary.

7. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

It is all about determination of will power.

Yes, it can be done with our will power. If you have witnessed those people who had to go through pain and suffering from alcohol or smoking, you will definitely want to stop.

It will be hard to resist initially but through determination, you will definitely can overcome. That is also one of our good part of human nature.

8. ershruti304 profile image61
    ershruti304posted 6 years ago

Its hard but where there is a will, there is a way so with support of my family and friends I can surely say no to all my bad habits. Though it will take a long time but still I feel I can rule my life

working