jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should adult acne be treated differently than teen acne?

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Should adult acne be treated differently than teen acne?

2. Nadeeshan301 profile image77
    Nadeeshan301posted 6 years ago

Basically the treatment modalities are the same in adult and teen acne. The main factor deciding the modality of treatment is the severity of acne rather than the age. However, adults are good candidates for certain therapies such as pealing and laser therapy.

For more information on the treatment of acne: visit my hub on management of acne

3. rsusan profile image74
    rsusanposted 6 years ago

I don't think there is that much of a difference in the treatment for adult acne or teen acne. The main thing is to ask for help, before scarring becomes an issue. I recently discovered that a vitamin C-rich skin cream can really make a difference for both teens and adults. I wonder how many doctors are aware of this natural way to prevent acne.

4. naturalacnehelp profile image56
    naturalacnehelpposted 6 years ago

well i do think they should be treated differently because teen acne most probably arise during puberty/hormonal changes whereas adult acne may have different reasons. Cleanliness is ofcourse the first step but I do think its not necessary that a particular type of treatment which works for one person or one age grp might not work for other. Although I am not so experienced but its my view point tongue

working