jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have strangers treated you or acted differently towards you based on your appear

1. A.A. Zavala profile image84
    A.A. Zavalaposted 6 years ago

Have strangers treated you or acted differently towards you based on your appearance or race?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

I have a lifetime, to produce, by way of supporting evidence ... but whats past, is past ... ignoble should be ignored ... besides, these persecutors are no Strangers to me ... I know them better than they will ever know their own selves.

For I do not believe that differential Treatments, or Double Standards ... can alter The Ordained ...

Thus, they are not worth being given, whats an undue importance ... making the perpetrators, feel superior ... or have the satisfaction of thinking, as being of a Superior kind ...
    They are humans driven by insane desires ... they are animals, living among the Human kind.

Remember ... Prejudice neither has, nor does influence, the saner minds ... and Saner Minds, have always had, have, and will always have, better things to do with life ... than chase 'invisible'  cowards, or the phantoms of their hired hands.

I am sane, not Paranoid ... and Live, In The Infinite Mercy of God ... and will die, when The Lord so Wills ... Is Proof enough, ... that I have beaten them at their own game.

And thats a cause of Celebration... Real  Satisfaction in Life.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

many times. when i lived in boston i dated a girl from a black neighborhood and when i'd go visit her, i was stared at and occasionally called a cracker among other things. after a month or so though, it seemed to end and i was treated like anyone else.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Newspaper media have written articles about the 'high rates' of this,  that and the other thing about Aboriginals which helps to perpetuate negative views of the Aboriginal peoples. Meanwhile, from our perspective, it's a 10-1 ratio because we are such a small minority in comparison to the dominant society. smile

5. Guanta profile image73
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

Yes, but I think that has to do with our being humans.  I know the powers that be are busy telling us not to discriminate, differentiate, categorize, make assumptions of others, etc., etc. but the more these things are forced on us, the more we rebel.  I think that in due time, people see their commonalities and do get past their prejudices and come together.

6. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I can't say I've ever really been treated differently because of my race or ethnicity, but I've definitely been treated differently because of appearances. I lost most of my front teeth when I was 18, and I have tattoos in obvious places. It tends to freak people out in one way or another.

7. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

i think so i get lots of bad looks from people because i have tats and i think they think negitvaly of me because of it but i dont realy care what others think its not my issue its theres