Does anyone have an effective at home workout routine to build muscle by using your body weight
Depending on where you are looking to build muscle there are a lot of things that can be done at home. For your lower body, try at least 3 set of 12-20 reps from the 4 exercises listed below. One thing many people fail to realize when they are trying to put on muscle is that your overall number of sets for the day is just as important as the weight, and exercise you are performing. Here are my six favorites I do at least once a week!
1. Walking lunges
2. Wall squats (held to exhaustion)
3. Step downs (Stand with one leg on a bench and one leg free. Lower your free leg to the ground as far as you can without actually transferring your weight, then use your quads and hamstrings to bring you back up)
4. Box jumps (It's a common misconception that the only way to build muscle is to perform slow steady reps. Muscles are made of both fast and slow twitch fibers. If you aren't working your fast twitch fibers you're missing out on secret many trainers use with athletes.)
Let me know what you think and check out my other Hubs!
yes I do!!! please do read my related hub...
anyhow, if you don't I do know it works, google Charles Atlas and check out his method!
Well, there are many ways. I would recommend the simplest four of them.
1. Push-ups (Help build your arms and chest essentially)
2. Pull-ups (Help build your shoulder and wings essentially)
3. Squatting and Lunging (Thighs and other parts of legs based on the variations)
4. Sit-ups (Help strengthen your abdomen)
Ideally do 3 reps of 12-20 iterations with about 2 minutes gap. Neither too fast nor too slow. Don't suppress your breath. Concentrate more on one portion of your body everyday by varying the workouts, because each part needs a break after heavy workout to enhance the muscles. Make sure you have equally concentrated on all parts in a week.
You can try insanity. Its has great reviews; P90x does but you need equipment for that.
Well I guess that really depends on your fitness overall level. That might be helpful for beginners, but after a while I doubt it can really help you much.
By the way is your goal to increase muscles (as you're a woman that would mean more to firm your skin cause of testosterone absence) or to lose weight?
by Eric Rivera3 years ago
What is the most effective workout to build muscle
by Rob Butler3 years ago
Does anyone know of any effective treatments for tinnitus?A friend of mine has been suffering from tinnitus and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows of any effective treatments?
by searchfortruth5 years ago
Does anyone know where/how to purchase/build a cheap generator large enough for industrial use?
by Betty Jo Petty9 years ago
New here, as you can see.I love Color. Anyone share this? bj
by kmaskreations5 years ago
Does anyone know why my fingernails have begun to have vertical ridges along the entire length?Some say fingernail abnormalities can be a sign of a health problem. I've never had this happen before. I...
by Brian8 years ago
Does anyone make decent money using hub pages? if so. what is the most you have made? And what is yoI would like to self publish, by writing a science fiction thriller, on a member based webhost. Is that possible with...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.