jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are drugs really deadly?

1. JoseMillan profile image59
    JoseMillanposted 6 years ago

Are drugs really deadly?

if it is well known that drugs are deadly, why  people consuming drugs still think they will not be affected?

2. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

That all depends, all drugs whether they are prescription or non-rx can have possible adverse events. Drugs that are prescribed with your Doctors supervision are probably, but not always the safest. This sometimes depnes on each indiviuals genetic makeup. What works well for one individual, may not work well for another. When it comes to illegal drugs...cocaine, marijuana and other less desirable-if these drugs are used carelessly, than they will certainly cause just as much, or not more harm than prescribed drugs for heart disease, diabetes etc... Hope I have assisted in answering your question somewhat.

JL

3. inaniLoquence profile image70
    inaniLoquenceposted 6 years ago

Anything that is taken in excess will have adverse effects. smile

The drug addicts are also affected and many who have an overdose die.

4. docbruin profile image83
    docbruinposted 6 years ago

I agree that it depends on the circumstances. For those who are taking medications for a legitimate medical need, the risk of taking the drug may be better than the pain they are suffering.   For drug abusers and addicts they either cannot control their drug use or they are willing to take the risk in exchange for what they perceive to be the positive or pleasurable effects of the drug.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

it's like guns, they don't kill. the stupid people using them kill. drugs don't kill either but some people are too stupid to know when enough is enough.

6. stephaniedas profile image89
    stephaniedasposted 6 years ago

I think some drug users like the risk. They know other people who have used drugs and haven't died, and they either feel educated enough about the dose or they don't think they will lose control and overdose or become addicted.

working