jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What time is the best time to do a workout?

1. cyoung35 profile image85
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

What time is the best time to do a workout?

I've heard different opinions as to what time of day to work out burns more calories. oes someone have the correct answer to this question?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5566359_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

For me the best time to do a workout is in the morning before breakfast and work. I first do my walk in the morning and then come back and do a few simple exercises for that day as I alternate between  walking and exercise or mix. I will then shower, eat breakfast and on my way to work feeling refreshed and ready to tackle to day teaching special educational children.

3. satice_j profile image77
    satice_jposted 6 years ago

I often do a yoga routine around 9 a.m. if I don't have to go to work on a particular day. It is still cool in the mornings at that time and I have waken up. I keep the door to my apartment open and go through the series of stretches as cool air wafts through the house. I normally drink a few glasses of water before I exercise, never consume any food before this. I think if you workout in the morning, you get your body pumping and ready to burn off any food/drink you consume throughout the day. Honestly, I think anytime you ecercise it helps to burn of calories. When I was in the military I would eat at 10 p.m. and then an hour later exercise. Just do a great workout, I was doing Joyce Verdral's Bottom's Up workout and I stayed physically fit. Hope this helped.

4. itsmonkeyboy profile image73
    itsmonkeyboyposted 6 years ago

I've worked out in the morning, at lunch times and in the evenings and find all very beneficial in their own way. Working out in the morning though didn't necessarily mean I had woken enough and had enough energy to do a hard workout. Working in the evening I was sometimes too tired and this impacted on my level of strength and stamina. Working out at lunch time always seemed to be best fitted for me and my lifestyle, but I missed getting outside so much at lunchtime and away from the office, and I like the sun*!

*fresh air, I live in the UK so sun isn't always at it's optimum!

5. fit2day profile image74
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

It depends on the person and what schedule they have and what kind of workout being done. For instance, I find that the best time for me to run is in the morning.

working