What time a day do you do your cardio?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (28 posts)
  1. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

latly its been hard to do my cardio in the afternoone so I'm switching it to mornings. When do you guys do your cardio?

1. profile image57
      SOLAR383posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Best time is first thing in the morning on an empty tummy for effectiveness also prepares one for rest of the day feeling fit & full of energy.

2. edguider profile image65
      edguiderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I do my cardio in the morning. My metabolism is at 100% around this time smile

3. profile image57
      UnderPressureposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do mine right before I lift weights.  I don't have to do much cardio though - I'm skinny enough as it is!

2. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Afternoon.  I hate it because I'm always tired, but I'm to lazy to wake up early and do it also.  It's a viscous cycle.

3. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Is this a trick question? What is this cardio thing? Am I meant to do it? Is it compulsory? When can I fit it in? Between the drinking, eating, and womanizing where do I put it?

4. st lucia for sale profile image60
    st lucia for saleposted 13 years ago

Usually I do HIIT (High Intensity Intervals Training) straight after my weights session. Mostly for convenience! On the days I'm not doing weight training, I'll sometimes try and do HIIT between breakfast and lunch. I find doing cardio early on in the day is much harder than later on though!

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Is it OK to just think about doing cardio? I read somepleace that if you think really hard about doing exercise your body will think it has done it and act accordingly.

6. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 13 years ago

I work out mornings.  I feel kind of dragged out in the afternoon physically, so I do more relaxed work after lunch...like write.  And I like happy hour so I would feel like I was defeating the purpose if I drank and then went to work out in the evenings smile

7. weeyo profile image61
    weeyoposted 13 years ago

I have to hit it first thing in the morning or I will come up with an excuse not to during the day.  Only way I can stay consistent.

8. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

right before lunch and right after Hell freezes over

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

9. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

Early in the morning, if it's summer.  Too hot in Texas to wait till later in the day.  I like to exercise outdoors.

In the winter, bundle up (hate that) and wait till later in the day when the temperature has climbed.

In both cases, little dogs are antsy, waiting for their chance to accompany me on the brisk neighborhood walks.

10. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

In the morning, before breakfast. I'm a definite night owl, but I now conform to my husband's work schedule (he goes to work at 6:00) so I can spend more time with him, so working out first thing in the morning helps kick-start me so I can be productive in the mornings. Working out with food on my stomach usually makes me nauseous, but eating right after helps get rid of the lag period right after working out. That said, I also make sure to drink 32 oz. of water before the workout since it doesn't seem like a good idea to dehydrate all night and then dehydrate during a workout too. I also find that after working out I'm more alert and able to just write, it helps get rid of the night's aches and pains, and then my body is up and going and burning calories longer during the day.

11. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

A better question might be: What time of decade to I do my cardio?

1. jennshealthstore profile image81
      jennshealthstoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

: )  That was funny

12. annmeadows profile image61
    annmeadowsposted 13 years ago
  13. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

When I exercise its in the mornings.  Much better in the morning big_smile

14. zrichards profile image60
    zrichardsposted 13 years ago

I prefer morning. It does kickstart your metabolism for the day, but don't abuse it. This means that when you get super hungry after your workout don't eat a ton of food. Your body will still store excess carbs and even protein as fat if you have just worked out. It's much better to eat 5-6 small meals rather 3 big meals throughout the day.

At the end of the day cardio is still cardio and whether you do it in the morning or before you go to sleep you're still burning calories.

15. talfonso profile image85
    talfonsoposted 13 years ago

When I don't go to the gym, I do it in the morning before breakfast - it's a great motivator for me and there's a recent study on how it effectively burns fat!

16. annmeadows profile image61
    annmeadowsposted 13 years ago

Definitely in the morning before breakfast. Sometimes I just gotta eat before a workout, but the results are not as good. I don't do only cardio, though. I train with bodyweight exercises combined HIIT. Very effective at reducing fat and building lean muscle.

17. sportyfunster profile image70
    sportyfunsterposted 13 years ago

I do my cardio after my workout which is normally after work and before dinner.

18. LJ Wilson profile image60
    LJ Wilsonposted 13 years ago

It's best to do cardio in the morning, because it's cooler, you have a empty stomach, and since you have just woke up you have more energy.

19. deweyduck profile image61
    deweyduckposted 13 years ago

I guess I'm the only one that does it at night..
    Its been working great as far as I can tell smile

20. Bail Up ! profile image61
    Bail Up !posted 13 years ago

Afternoon for me. I would love to get it out the way early in the am but thus far not willing to sacrifice my sleep time. I hope soon I'll have endless energy and be able to make the switch.

21. revortay1 profile image60
    revortay1posted 13 years ago

I try to do mine in the morning because there have been studies that have come to the conclusion that morning cardio burns more calories through out the day and will have a significant effect on your metabolism throughout the day! However some times I don't get around to it until mid-day.

22. jennshealthstore profile image81
    jennshealthstoreposted 13 years ago

I like to do it a little before dinner. I am not a morning person so that works best for me.

1. Suzie Parker profile image59
      Suzie Parkerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like to do cardio first thing in the morning when it is summer. But when winter comes, you won't get me in the gym too early - too cold.

I've heard that doing cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach burns more fat and boosts your metabolism. So I think it is better to do cardio that way if you can.

I want to switch all my cardio over to activities. I'm planning on playing squash 2 times a week and I'm already taking dance classes for an hour once a week.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)