jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are your challenges with weight loss?

1. StrengthenWomen profile image58
    StrengthenWomenposted 6 years ago

What are your challenges with weight loss?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

My biggest one up until recently was just that I started from a pretty high baseline...as soon as I was able to return to the kind of lifestyle that I enjoy and am comfortable with, I lost weight quickly. I do tend to get discouraged, though, because it takes forever to lose a large amount of weight in a healthy way. I'm now down 75 pounds. For the second time in two years I was finally looking at hitting my goal -- and for the second time, I'm stopped about 20 pounds short by pregnancy. Sigh. Now my challenge is to not gain quite as much with this baby as I did with the last, and just keep working out throughout the pregnancy. With the last one, I worked out once for the entire pregnancy -- I do NOT want to deal with the consequences of that again.

3. stephaniedas profile image91
    stephaniedasposted 6 years ago

Mine are simply habit--I am not really overweight, but I definitely overeat and could be thinner.

4. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

I would say my greatest challenge with weight loss is emotional eating. If I get upset about something or I am feeling  overwhelmed, I will swing the  refrigerator door. I will eat all the foods I know are not good for me. That is one of the reasons I seldom buy ice cream or chocolate candy to have on hand in the house. I will eat them all in one sitting. All the while I am eating,I am thinking to myself, this is not right but it sure does taste good going down. i know I will regret the beng session when I come to my senses but in the process, I eat until I feel better.

5. oopsydoopsygirl profile image59
    oopsydoopsygirlposted 6 years ago

My challenges are cookies, cake, pretzals... I eat everything starchy and sweet. I'm not obese but I'm chunky. I need to slim down about 25#. *sigh*