jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it hard to quit cigarette smoking ??

1. Aceblogs profile image60
    Aceblogsposted 6 years ago

Is it hard to quit cigarette smoking ??

Is it hard to quit cigarette smoking ?? Though I do not smoke but my friends say it all the time , that now they cannot leave it , it has become an essential part of their life . I always wonder WHY ?

2. TheOracleKing profile image59
    TheOracleKingposted 6 years ago

your body gets addicted to the nicotine.

Here's a good article on nicotine: http://science.howstuffworks.com/nicotine.htm

Also, like me, I find it hard to break the habit of smoking . Go for a pint? Have a cigarette! Stressed at work? Have a cigarette! Just answered a question on hubpages? Have a cigarette!

3. Aceblogs profile image60
    Aceblogsposted 6 years ago

Yeah i hear it from lot of people that smoking is a stress buster , but on the other hand it is causing huge internal damage to the system of body . Then why do people do not try to abstain from it

4. shwetha123 profile image73
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

Its really tough to quit smoking if you are addicted of it. I know this because one of my friend used to smoke since last 10years. And now its a part of his life. I really do not know why he smokes but when ever I asked her he says " I can not even imagine my life without cigarettes".

I think if you are addicted of any thing not only cigarettes but anything it will definitely becomes habitual for your life.

5. chanroth profile image74
    chanrothposted 6 years ago

There so many reason why people smoke and quit smoking is really hard to do then to say. I don't smoke but my fiance does. When you or your friend want to quit smoking you must make serious commitment. Not just saying, I'll quit smoking today and the next day you or your friend smoke again. Cigarette is very addicting just like addicted to coffee. Many smoker smoke to ease their stress or to fit in. Especially teenager. Think about something that you addicted to...for example coffee? pepsi? pizza? candy? I admit that I'm addicted to coffee and I cannot go with my day without coffee. That feeling is the same feeling with smoker. Your friend give themselves a bad habit like I give myself a bad habit. In order for me to quit is I have to be very serious and make commitment. You must have a goal and reason why you want to quit smoking. For example, my fiance he's a smoker and before we were in serious relationship, I tell him he must quit smoking if he want to spend the rest of his life with me. If he doesn't quit smoking, I'll shove that cigarette in his mouth. At first he thought I was kidding but I was really serious. He build his own goal and commit to it. Therefore he quit...

6. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

It truly is. I had to work so hard to quit. I had smoked ever since I was 15 and finally was just able to have the strength to quit a year ago.

7. arksys profile image90
    arksysposted 6 years ago

i'm the same as TheOracleKing ... not easy to quit ... i am sleepy all day long if i don't have a cig.

working