jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Is it normal to begin dreaming immediately after falling asleep?

1. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Is it normal to begin dreaming immediately after falling asleep?

2. icciev profile image59
    iccievposted 6 years ago

Dreamig is an healthy process by the mind, normal person can have between 3-5 dreams a night, other may have more. but there is no one that can tell exactly when brain start dreaming. so I would say you never know maybe Yes maybe No or both.

3. shwetha123 profile image72
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

Yaa its a normal process to being dreaming once you fall asleep. Actually when we sleep and body get relax after our hectic work load at that time our mind will also get some peace. So when its get relax then only we are dreaming.

4. wmseo profile image55
    wmseoposted 6 years ago

haha, you're lucky... for many people it takes 30 min to get sleep after falling asleep.
    It's normal!  have a good dreams smile

5. profile image0
    marellenposted 6 years ago

I think your lucky if you can remember your dreams Alastar. I can't seem to remember anything these days.....

6. profile image0
    Lady_Tenazposted 6 years ago

Without getting all into medical or psychological with terminology (because I don't know any of it), I can say that YES, I have started to dream just after falling asleep. A good example was the other day. I fell asleep and then I was awakened by a noise, but I had only been asleep a few moments and yet I had a significant dream. So I believe YES, you can begin dreaming immediately after falling asleep. :-)

7. Aceblogs profile image60
    Aceblogsposted 6 years ago

Well i believe that it is indeed completely normal to dream as soon as you hit the bed , because this states that your mind is at peace and you are not awake thinking about world of problems and your mind too wants to pacifiy itself by not thinking about million of day to day chores and problems

8. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

i've read in studies that people normally start dreaming about 45 mins before they wake up ... do you frequently wake up at night?

9. fpherj48 profile image74
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Well.....Realistically,how do you know you've JUST fallen asleep, Alastar?
    Read my hub, "Dreams Don't lie."....that was a plug.  Oops!   
    Seriously, Once you're sleeping, which means your "conscious mind" is at rest....shut down....not functioning as when awake....we can't possibly know we've just fallen asleep.

It may seem to you as though you dreamt All night long, but the truth is, our dreams last only minutes.  Yes, we can have more than one dream, but they usually run non-stop.  This is why often we can't make heads or tails of our dreams and they seem chaotic and disorganized.

In order to dream, we must be in R.EM sleep.  The amount of time it takes to reach REM varies for numerous reasons.  It may occur quickly for you. 

Basically, we can dream while we're wide awake....ever heard of day dreaming?  I do it constantly............Peace, Paula

1. Alastar Packer profile image85
      Alastar Packerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good info and u are right, Effer. Btw, had a dream about s***** last night.smile Didn't Freud say S***** dreams R s**-related? I'm a Jung adherent, however.

working