jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?

1. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 6 years ago

What do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?

Sometimes, I just can't unwind at night. I'd especially appreciate natural remedies and things that are easy to do when I'm restless.

2. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Hot decaffeinated tea can be relaxing at night. My preference is Hyssop herb tea.

Sometimes, when my body is fatigued but my mind is still whirling, I have to roll over, turn on the light, and write down my thoughts to get them out of my head. Once the light goes back off, sleep usually comes.

Other times, when there are not necessarily any thoughts or any other random reasons for sleeplessness; I ask God what it is that He wants to share with me. I get quiet and wait......then, He shares some really awesome revelations, wisdom, encouragement, and/or promises that I find myself rolling over, turning on the lights, and writing down. Having done so, sleeplessness disappears and the next thing I know it's morning.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have several storylines I work on while I lay there, planning plots, twists turns, locations.  So if I can't sleep, I pick one of my unwritten stories and go over in my mind plotting details and pretty soon I'm gone.  Hopefully not because it is boring.

4. editorsupremo profile image64
    editorsupremoposted 6 years ago

Count sheep! Only joking; I find reading a good book with an intriguing storlyine helps or if I'm really wired I would research and write a hub! Never just lie there and toss and turn it makes matters worse,get up and do something, anything.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

If I still have trouble sleeping after taking a hot bath, I will have a cup of "Sleepytime" tea and read until my eyes get heavy. Crossword puzzles and journals are also good. If I STILL can't sleep, I'll take a couple of tylenol. I avoid watching TV and staring at the clock.

6. golfcart34 profile image72
    golfcart34posted 6 years ago

It really depends.  For me I'll either read some stuff on the internet (I can't read a book because my significant other can't sleep with the light on and I can read by flashlight) or I just get up and do stuff rather than fight not being able to sleep.

working