jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you find yourself motivated when it comes to working out?

1. Marissa Teixeira profile image57
    Marissa Teixeiraposted 6 years ago

Do you find yourself motivated when it comes to working out?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5663077_f260.jpg

2. droj profile image74
    drojposted 6 years ago

I was a serious athlete in school, so working out and staying in shape has always been a part of my life. But the truth is, it’s so much easier in school to dedicate your time to a sport, because you have so much of it! And the competitive nature... read more

3. sraven1 profile image58
    sraven1posted 6 years ago

Totally. I'm not sure how to explain it.. Like wearing your best outfit on a random day; it makes you feel more confident. Feeling more confident makes it easier to try things you wouldn't.

4. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

No :-( i always find myself saying, i will do it tomorrow...and you know what i say when tomorrow comes...luckily, i don't own a car so the walking does me a lot of good

5. Kimberly Turner profile image78
    Kimberly Turnerposted 6 years ago

I only find myself motivated when I do something that I like to do as exercise, like dancing, biking or something fun like martial arts! That is the key to being motivated.

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

I used to be and then had some surgeries and its really hard getting back into it.

7. fit2day profile image78
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

I just wrote something relating to this. I have different things to motivate myself. Sometimes I do self talk like yelling "Let's go", which helps me take my mind off the difficulty of a workout I'm doing (sounds crazy, but it works).

I think the important thing sometimes is to just do something. It's easy to do nothing when you don't feel like working out, but sometimes a few push-ups, jumping jacks, etc. are just what you need to get going. I think not having time is a poor excuse, I'm working my ankles while typing this.

My motto is "doing a little here and there is better than nothing".

working