jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can regular vinegar be used for home remedies that recommend cider vinegar?

1. profile image42
    Amy Eposted 9 years ago

Can regular vinegar be used for home remedies that recommend cider vinegar?

2. expectus profile image89
    expectusposted 9 years ago

Concerning your question about "whether regular vinegar can be used for home remedies that recommend cider vinegar" generally the answer is yes but you will get more out of organic cider vinegars which have been aged in wooden barrels and develop... read more

3. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 8 years ago

I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. It has what is called the "Mother" at the bottom of the bottle - that brownish sedimentary substance. That's good! You want that. Look up Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar on a search engine and you'll get all kinds of good stuff. I add a splash of it to a glass of one third organic lemonade/two thirds water for a general tonic.

4. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

It is definitely very good to prevent and cure arthritis and I use it for this.

My father, who is in his 80s swears by it too.

There are books on the subject by Margaret Hills SRN:

http://www.sheldonpress.co.uk/books/9781847090409.html

Hills suggests that we get arthritis from the food and drink we consume if these things contain purines, which convert to acid crystals that accumulate in the joints and cause pain. Citrus fruit and black tea are two main culprits she lists. Her method of treatment is to cut out the offending food sources and to take regular doses of cider vinegar.

5. profile image60
    kimannposted 8 years ago

NO!
    White vinegar is formulated so that it is little better than a petroleum product. Never use white vinegar for human consumption. The only thing I use white vinegar for is cleaning.

6. herb gardening profile image58
    herb gardeningposted 8 years ago

White vinegar is OK for cleaning, but not for human consumption.  Cider Vinegar contains more nutrients and enzymes.  If raw apple cider vinegar is available it is even more beneficial. 

You'll find a lot of information and links to more articles here.
    http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

7. 101Ways2Life profile image90
    101Ways2Lifeposted 4 years ago

Apple cider vinegar is a magic drink with loads of health benefits - ranging from weight loss to digestion, blood pressure and overall wellbeing. The effectiveness of apple cider vinegar depends on the "mother" of vinegar, which is the muddy, grainy substance that's seen at the bottom of apple cider vinegar bottle. This mother is present only in unfiltered, unpasteurized vinegar. The regular vinegar found at home does NOT contain the mother of vinegar. I have written three hubs on the benefits of apple cider vinegar, which contain very helpful tips on how to drink ACV, and the best ACV to buy from the market.

working