jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are wrinkles caused by aging or too much worrying?

1. moiragallaga profile image80
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

Are wrinkles caused by aging or too much worrying?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Wrinkles can have genetic causes (natural aging) or environmental ones (too much sun or habits like scrunching your forehead while worrying), so the answer is "yes."

3. nanlegs profile image59
    nanlegsposted 6 years ago

i agree with relache.. wrinkles are caused both by genetic and environmental factors. as people get older, production of natural oil, which maintains elasticity of skin, decreased and this results to drier and more wrinkled skin. Not to mention the fats in the deeper layers of the skin. Direct exposure to sunlight, poor nutrition, substance abuse, and poor hygiene are also some of the contributing factors of wrinkles or skin aging.

4. avni lohia profile image60
    avni lohiaposted 6 years ago

Both can be the reason for wrinkles. As we get old, our skin start getting loose because of which wrinkles appear and the other reason can be stress.

5. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I would say that it can be aging, worrying, or a combination of the two. It's of course always important to try to reduce stress where possible, but signs of aging are going to present themselves eventually, no matter what.

6. cosmicdust profile image61
    cosmicdustposted 6 years ago

I would say this is cause by both, aging and worrying.

7. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

sometimes a lot of stress makes you lose weight fast ... if that happens you'll have more visible wrinkles but with time you're skin can tighten up again.