jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you feel grateful daily?

1. Chasing Riley profile image82
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

Do you feel grateful daily?

Many self help professionals like Tony Robbins and Oprah talk about the role of gratitude in your life as a gateway to living a happy, fulfilled life. Do you remember to be grateful or do you get caught up in what's wrong? I personally end up in both situations. Do you have any recommendations on how to remember to be grateful more often?

2. novascotiamiss profile image86
    novascotiamissposted 6 years ago

No, I don't feel greateful daily, but actually I should. In our busy lifes we quite often forget all the great things and we concentrate on the negative points. Since 2011 will soon be coming to an end, you have inspired me to a new years resolution. I will try to take 5 minutes each day (either when I wake up, or when I go to sleep) to reflect on the greatness that life has to offer. Depending on when I do this, it will help me get through the day in a positive mood, or it will give me sweet dreams. Both will lead to a happy fulfilled life.

3. Lastheart profile image65
    Lastheartposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do feel grateful...there are so many blessings!

4. NiaG profile image89
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

I feel grateful everyday. It's so funny, I was thinking of asking this question this morning. Life is tough and we tend to forget about what we do have instead of what we don't have. I try to make it a conscious effort to think about what I do have and be thankful for it.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Yesterday, which was a very blustery, sprinkley, chilly day, and I had been busy grocery shopping , going to the trash dump, and doing a few other errands and chores.
    When I crawled into bed under a nice down comforter at night, I felt grateful. I thought there must be many people people who did not have the luxury of a warm comfortable bed -- let alone a good dinner... a home... someone to share the home... I dozed off being grateful.

6. islandnurse profile image70
    islandnurseposted 6 years ago

Yes I do, every time I look at my children...

7. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Grateful to whom?
    I spend some time meditating and I'm happy that I don't have to endure what some do.
    But I have also had my share of pain.
    All in all I don't think grateful really falls into the picture anywhere.

8. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I think life has its ups and downs so it's truly very difficult to always feel grateful for each and every day, even though we should. We all feel sorry for ourselves from time to time, even though there are clearly many millions of people in the world in much worse circumstances.

I do believe that it's important in a wider sense to realise that we should be grateful though. If we manage to make that our default value, then we shouldn't beat ourselves up about it if from time to time we don't feel so great about life.

9. athena2011 profile image58
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

The way I start out every day is by acknowledging to God what I am grateful for. Doing this first thing every morning, means that I never forget to be grateful. Sometimes I say it before I get out of bed and other times as I'm about to get out of bed. Make it a habit and you'll never miss this opportunity to express your gratitude.

I say "Thank you God for the abundance of health,wealth and happiness that you have blessed my life, and that of my family and friends as well,with."

10. Kiara Dearest profile image60
    Kiara Dearestposted 6 years ago

I feel grateful if I am with my husband beside me. But if not, my day would be gloomy. I have to start work with good mood but without my husband, it's nothing.

11. profile image52
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

I am grateful at least every half hour. I replaced all my worried thoughts with thoughts of gratitude for the outcome I desire, stated in the present tense, as though it already happened. It's very soothing and no more worring!

If you start keeping a gratitude journal, every thing you write down will become part of your conscious mind. Then when they occur, you will connect them to your gratitude journal and create thoughts or words of gratitude.

Be aware of how often you say "please' and " thank you" to others.This may help increase your gratitude quotient.

Be grateful when you wake up. Leave yourself a note! I am grateful everyday to see and feel the sun and tell it so!

I'm grateful to have the opportunity to share what I have learned with you. Peace be with you.

12. grinnin1 profile image80
    grinnin1posted 5 years ago

Yep. One look at my kids will do it.  I'm constantly grateful for the family I have and the people I love.

13. profile image0
    askahealerposted 5 years ago

Yes.  I feel grateful daily, more than once most days.  It's a practice for me, something I've required of myself.  I remind myself, several times most days, to stop, look at my life and find something about which I can sincerely express gratitude.  If things are going that great and it's hard to find something in my life that I can be sincerely grateful for, then I look around me.  There's always a pretty flower, a beautiful tree, a lovely cloud, a smile, a laughing child, a cute puppy, something...if I remember to stop and look, I can always find something to be grateful for.

working