jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you really want out of life?

1. manofmystery24 profile image60
    manofmystery24posted 6 years ago

What do you really want out of life?

Think about it. What is something you truly want? What do you desire?

2. colpolbear profile image96
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

Happiness is the end all.  I know this is a bit vague, but I feel like any desire besides it is just another extensional of it.  Because this probably isn't the kind of answer you're looking for though, I suppose a winning lottery ticket would be nice!

3. KDF profile image75
    KDFposted 6 years ago

A boatload of cash! Yep, that's right, enough money where I can walk around in the middle of the day and not have to worry about a darn thing!
    With my lottery winnings, I can do whatever I please, boat on the lake, plane in the sky, somebody to drive me around. Yes, I really want to luxury lifestyle. I want to be able to do anything and everything. Now, if I can find a way to obtain those lottery winnings I'll start.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I want good health for my husband and I want to feel good, physically so that I can enjoy time with my grandchildren and not cringe every time I have to stand up to get them something.  I used to want to be rich, and live in different places, and be thin, and be beautiful and of course write that best selling novel.

Now it is more simple.  I would be content not to hurt all of the time and to be able to play with the kids.

5. drspaniel profile image87
    drspanielposted 6 years ago

I would immediately say loads of cash and fame, however in essence it's the feeling they produce I desire... Not them in themselves!

6. aisha91 profile image56
    aisha91posted 6 years ago

I don't know actually, I feel so complex. I don't know if you feel that too or I am just the only one who feel this way.

I observed myself that If I already got the thing that I thought I really really want, I always realized in the end that there is something I really want and did not realize it sooner until I've got what I thought I want. smile see, so complicated.

To avoid disappointment and negative feelings, I taught myself to be contented to what I have, feel them and be grateful that I have them. I have to admit that It is really hard to focus on what you have than on what you have not, as a human of course I feel feelings that are humane and normal like those desire to have what you don't have, but may be by continue practicing to always be grateful to little things I have and simply look away from the things I don't have, I think I will be immune to this feeling in the future and not be a too complex person on my own point of view. ^_^

7. Born2care2001 profile image74
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

I simply want to make a difference. I want to know that the brief time I have spent here had meaning to someone other than myself. I am grateful for all I have. I used to want more material things but I can say I now believe there is so much more to living than that. So my truest desire is to continue to learn how to transcend what I was taught to value as a child and to appreciate what I have and who I am right now. Still working on it!

8. gallardoblend profile image59
    gallardoblendposted 6 years ago

The typical things we are wired to want... love, satisfaction, praise. Then there come the societal influences... money, money, money. But what do I personally want out of life? I guess I'd want it to never end.

9. ananceleste profile image72
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

I want to find true inspiration. The peace that only comes when your life is inbalance with who you really are.