jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think about a Chicken Pox Party?

1. Beani profile image60
    Beaniposted 6 years ago

What do you think about a Chicken Pox Party?

Parents taking their young children to friends houses to gather in hopes they will catch the chicken pox.  It is MUCH worse when your an adult. Thoughts?

2. profile image0
    leann2800posted 6 years ago

On the positive side, it might be better for the kid to get it over with if you are assuming chicken pox is inevitable. But, it isn't.

The problem is, all kids do not react the same. Some will get it more violently than others. Plus, they can have future episodes once exposed.In addition to this, the children interact with different adults who in turn will not react the same to the virus.

A chicken pox vaccine would be better and is covered by medicaid and insurance if it is prescribed by a doctor.

3. Angel709 profile image60
    Angel709posted 6 years ago

I've read that chicken pox as an adult can be fatal. While a vaccine does not guarantee total immunity from the virus, it is reported to be less severe and fewer bumps than those without the vaccine.

A chicken pox party, (I guess) could have some benefits but I would sooner allow my child the opportunity to altogether pass on the virus if possible.  It can take up to three weeks to show visible signs of the virus.

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

Depending on methods and items used, Chicken Pox Parties can cause worse conditions like MRSA and lead to Federal Crime charges with imprisonment for up to 20 years. The virus also stays in the body and can cause other problems. read more

working