Should my wife tell me when daughter got chicken pox ?

1. Simba73 profile image74
    Simba73posted 5 years ago

Should my wife tell me when daughter got chicken pox ?

I'm sharing custody of our kid and my sister is about to have twins so it is important to know when my girl got chicken pox , sin order not to infect the new borns, but wife won't return sms messages or talk a word to me about it ( or anything) am I over reacting or is this out of order ?

2. mismazda profile image61
    mismazdaposted 5 years ago

Man, I think she should tell you, especially for  the twins sake....I think she is really being mean. There is not good reason that I think of, why she is withholding this information, and No you are not overreacing or out of order...besides she is your child also. Maybe you can consult with your daughters doc(if you are on her medical contact list) or your medical insurance company, if you have your daughter insured, maybe you could get some sort of date when she had her medicine prescribed, if all else fails...Good Luck..keep your head up Simba..smile

3. MaryBritton profile image59
    MaryBrittonposted 5 years ago

Well I do feel she should tell you because it is important and you can get the chickenpox even if you have had it before but it is then called Shingles. ( In Adults) The Virus is easily spread within the first 3 days of the rash starting to show. She really needs to tell you because Chickenpox can cause trouble in Pregnant women and Newborns.The incubation period of Chicken Pox is 14 to 16 days.   The Chicken Pox rash starts to show  1 to 2 days after the first symptoms. It usually take 1 to 2 days for the spots to go through all the stages. New Red spots will appear everyday for up to 7 days. I would keep trying to reach her because it could be detrimental to the Newborns . If you cant get in touch with her then the only thing I can suggest is to stay away till you believe you are safe. I hope this helps.

working